Monday, September 22, 2008

Top 10 favorite things about Fall....

Welcome to Fall. I love this season! The morning after I got home I could feel it in the air, the brisk cold air, the leaves were just starting to turn colors, I couldn't believe how excited I was. Then I walked into my local Starbucks and to my astonishment they were already offering their Pumpkin Spice Lattes apparently they are just as excited for Fall as I am! This has been the most gradual, smooth transition into Fall that we have had in Oregon for awhile. Usually we are just thrown into cold frosty mornings and rain, but it has been great this year...

I decided to put together a list of my top ten favorite things about Fall, hopefully you will agree with some of them and it will make you excited for the season as well.....


10.) Rain, I am an Oregonian and I do love my rain (until January, cause I know we will have at least 3 more months of solid rain after that.)

9.) The fresh, clean feeling and smell in the air.

8) The cold air in the morning that jolts you awake and lets you know change is coming.

7.) Candles, it is that time of year when all the cinnamon, pumpkin, vanilla candles start to get put all around my house and smells themselves are so warming.

6.) Nothing says Fall more than the deep orange, red, and purples of all the leaves as they start to change colors and eventually drop to the ground decorating streets, and yards.

5.) New season means new decorations, it is time to put out all the warm colors of Fall and the Halloween decorations will be out soon too, followed by the Thanksgiving decoration rounding out the Fall decorating season...

4.) OK lets be honest, one of my very favorite (read:vain) things about fall is the new Fall wardrobe options!! (Sweaters, long sleeved shirts, and scarves, oh my.)

3.) Pumpkin!!! I probably don't need to say much more, but I love all the pumpkin flavored drinks, and the pumpkin breads, muffins, and scones!!

2.)Hot Meals, Hot Drinks!! There is nothing like coming home from a long day at work to smell the deliciousness brewing in a crock pot!! All the soups, and stews. The hearty meals are bountiful this time of year at my house!! It is perfect for all the fresh corn and tomatoes that our all over the farmers markets right now!! All the hot coffee's and Apple Cider, they warm you up from the inside ou
t!!!!

1.) My favorite thing of all is.......The combination of my list all together!!!!


** Side Note: Generally us West Coasters refer to the Fall as Fall not as Autumn. I would have thrown Autumn in there to switch things up, but I have a great friend named Autumn whom I also love very much but didn't want anyone to get confused (yes I am mostly referring to myself getting confused!!!)

1 comment:

Peaceful Warrior said...

Ahh I love you too! Very much. I have to agree that this Autumn is starting out to be a soothing season filled with crisp sunshine and cold nights, my favorite!