Monday, September 22, 2008

Oktoberfest


I am approx 3/4 German in heritage, so I take it upon myself to fulfill my duty as a German-American to not only go to the Oktoberfest whenever possible but to support the different organizations by eating my way through the entire festival!! My family and I attended the Mt. Angel Oktoberfest. We had a feast of bratwurst, cabbage rolls, corn on the cob, pickles, BEER, elephant ears, and fresh strawberry shortcake, and yes we ate it all!!! Of course we shared it amongst ourselves (except for the brats!) It was so delicious and it was a beautiful day, which is really saying something because normally it is raining for our Oktoberfest, but this year it was perfect for timing, because fall officially hit the weekend after. Next year my new niece will be tagging along with us and I can start to show her all my favorite traditions!!

1 comment:

Team Swinehart said...

My Baby Wants a Brawt.
Looking forward to having Ivy there next year. :-)