Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Thats a big ship!

Well our first day on the ship was amazing!! What a huge ship the Carnival Splendor is!! It took me about 3 days to stop gawking at the size of our ship every time I was on land, or looking over the side of our balcony. I couldn't believe it! My Grandmother, cousins and I enjoyed the luxury of the "wrap around balcony suite" as well as the room and balcony next door, which increased the size of our already enormous balcony to gigantic proportions!! Our first day on the ship was so educational. I learned that the balconies can be VERY windy (see pictures below). I learned that on a cruise ship you are expected to eat your body weight in food per day, and they judge you if you don't. I also learned why you should not get a room at the back of the ship (because it rattles and shakes loudly and violently every time you back into or out of ports!!!) We were rudely awakened on many different occasions by this discovery and truly believed at least twice the boat was literally breaking in half, however the other 90% of the time it was without a doubt the best rooms on the ship, which was proven every time I went into other peoples rooms!!
It was a little windy!
Having the escape of the balcony was actually one of the reasons I am sure we could all maintain our sanity on a trip with family!! It gave a great escape and release every time you could step out and stare out into the great blue yonder and realize how minuscule we are and how life just keeps going with or with out us, so make the best of it.......

I didn't take many pictures in Copenhagen, Denmark. (The family did and I will be getting the disc with pictures soon, and will add them accordingly.) Here is one of the ones I did take right as we got off the ship. This was one of our few days we spent all together. It was memorable to say the least. The people of Denmark are SO beautiful. You had to look very hard to find someone that wasn't attractive and in shape. They lead some very healthy lives in Copenhagen and it shows. We had one bad experience with a bus driver, but other than that it was a very nice afternoon. The local food was delicious!!! I hope to go back and visit Denmark again one day...

No comments: