Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Times They Are A Bloggin'

April, April, April! 

What a great month! I had some volunteers come and stay with me, I went to Istanbul, Turkey for a few days, helped with a trash fashion show, received the books I requested from an awesome organization and I (gulp) turned 30! 

I would also like to say a huge congratulations to my cousin Shelly who became engaged to her boyfriend (now fiancee) Danny in April!!!! 


Some of my fellow volunteers came into town and crashed with me. The first night it was Swain and Ryan. We went to a Russian restaurant for dinner. So we had Borscht and vodka, delicious vodka and lots of it!

 Istanbul:We ate great food and saw so many amazing sites in Istanbul. It was what I was expecting and so, so, so, much more than I expected. We were only there for 3 full days so it was a quick trip, but we saw a lot and had a great time. We stayed in the Fatih Sultan Mehmet section of town which is probably the most, or one of the most, touristy area's of Istanbul. 


Blue Mosque

Basilica Cistern








Ayasofya/Hagia Sophia




When I got back from Istanbul I was pleasantly surprised by a package of books from the Darien Book Aid Plan. I had written to them and requested childrens books for the library in my village and they did not dissapoint! They run completely on donations and help a lot of people out all over the world, so if you have some time and some money you want to donate to a good fund that has a direct impact I ask that you check them out and seriously consider sending them a donation!
The box was FULL of books!
The librarian with the very excited kids!
The kids in the outfits they designed/made and or modeled for the Earth Day event at the school


The prizes and winners were announced

No comments: