Thursday, May 27, 2010

Chickens..




I got stopped by a gang of chickens today in the street. I didn't really know what to do. It was one hen and three roosters. I was wearing sandals so I was a little worried about getting pecked. I decided to go around them, so I guess you could say I am a big wimp because I crossed the street to get around a gang of chickens!

Things are going well. Our language trainer is having good patience with us, and we are slowly but surely developing our language skills. We are only a few short weeks away from finding out our permanent sites and where we will spend the next two years of our lives!!

I am including some pictures of my village. I also added some new photos on facebook. Actually other volunteers did, and my host family did as well. But if you go there you can see them.

Hope you are all well!!

2 comments:

Becky Kreger said...

Where are the facebook photos? Good to see where you are living!! miss you

Emily said...

Annie, don't be ashamed of crossing the street to get away from chickens. One of my traumatic moments growing up was getting chased and trapped at our property line by our rooster who loved to pick on me. Generally chickens can be pretty nice but there are those that have the devil in them. :D