Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Huh??

I was only gone for a little over three weeks and I come back and Miley Cyrus is now being played on the radio?? What the heck is that all about. I mean sure she is great for the tweens but it seems every time I want to indulge in a little pop radio I am faced with Miley Cyrus and her one line hooks, and 3 line verses, SHAME!!!!

Luckily I surround myself with good music (when I am not indulging in mindless pop). I have found a few new groups that have sparked my interest. If you have some time they are worth checking out: Duffy- her song "Mercy" is on my myspace. Glen Hansard- his song "falling slowly" is great. Kate Nash- her CD is awesome, it is so fun and very great to sing along too, I just found out she is coming to Portland so I will have to check out that show for sure!!! My cousin who has introduced me to alot of great bands gave me a CD of a local DC band who is also great listening, "Jukebox the Ghost". I am always open to music suggestions and I love all kinds of music so don't be shy!!

***Also on a side note, I just recently lost one of the skeletons in my closet. It is a surprise that I wouldn't have seen coming and certainly wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. But it is something that happens rarely and I just wanted to let you all know to keep your head up and keep moving forward because you never know when it will happen to you. So when you go out this weekend, or when you're home alone some time, raise a glass, not to me, but to the fact that you CAN still clean out your proverbial closet, and if you are lucky enough to actually clean it out, recognize that, and appreciate how special that is. Because it is so much more than closing a door and ending a chapter, it is a whole new beginning.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

andrea, i am so glad you did some spring cleaning...just like a new pair of spanky's you will just feel so much fresher ;) about everything...namely LIFE (loaded word isnt it)