Thursday, April 17, 2008

GRE

Ok so first of all I want to say I don't think that I was meant to ever post pictures on my blog. That being said I am NOT going to give up. First it was the web browser that I was using in South Africa, then it was me ALWAYS forgetting my camera cord to hook it up to my computer, now blogger says there is an error!! That sound you hear is my head hitting the desk, over and over again!!

where was I? Oh ya..........

So yesterday I did it, after two years (actually ALOT more) of talking about it and and putting it off, weighing my options, wondering what I wanted, blah blah blah, I finally bit the bullet and registered for the GRE. This is the first step in a long line of steps in order to get me on the road to my masters. I think this is just the thing I need to push past the mental block that has kept me in the waffling stages. I am most worried about my vocabulary (wait is there a math part, crap that is what I am most worried about), sometimes my vocabulary leaves me .........wanting a bit more. So if your in the mood to help or you get the urge to try and stump me, go ahead and send me an email with a word of the day. You don't even have to know what the word means. When I bought my first GRE study books (yes it was when I was living in Denver) I made up note cards and posted them around my apartment with the vocab they said I would need to know. Lets just say, I will not Abate the importance of this test even though I Abhor standardized test taking.... Ya, I didn't get past the middle of the "A's". I am sure I will be fine though. I still have a solid 3 weeks before my test.

Wish me luck....

1 comment:

samkay64 said...

You're going to do great. Now is the time to start looking up any random word you come across in your daily life that you don't know the meaning of and writing it down. I saw 3 words on the GRE that I had done that with. I felt so smug at the time.

As far as the math goes, the good news is that there's no calculus. It is all stuff you've learned a long, long time ago. Hopefully after a little work it will start to come back to you. I felt so dumb when I first started studying b/c I remembered that I used to know that kind of math, but didn't anymore. But keep at it.

FOIL - First, last, inner, outer. What is that for, multiplying multinomials? What is a multinomial? My brain hurts.

This test is a lot more reasonable than the SATs. It's challenging, but it felt more like a memory test than a trying to make you feel like you got a poor education test.