Thursday, March 27, 2008

Good to be home

As soon as I got home I started coming down with some sort of chest thing. But there was no rest for the weary. I got home Tuesday and was gone again Friday. My brother got married the Saturday after I got home and I was lucky enough to be the maid of honor in is wedding. So Friday evening I stayed in Portland and all day Saturday was pampering and the wedding.

This wedding was SO much fun. The guest list played a huge role in that as it usually does, but my brother and his wife sure know how to throw a party!!! My cousin Sam came all the way from DC for the wedding. My cousin Emily stayed and partied with us, and everyone was in the mood to have a good time!!!! Kudos to Ben and Lindsey for enjoying their wedding and making sure everyone else did as well. I will be posting pictures soon!!! I was the single girl at this event, everyone was very kind and introduced me to alot of their friends, and are trying to set me up with people that they know and like. I appreciate the effort very much and rather than be embarassed about it I take as an honor that people want me to be happy with someone and that they may know someone that may be perfect for me!

I talked with Kenzie today, I miss South Africa very much. Zoe is always on my mind, and so I was very excited to hear she is smiling alot now and recognizing her mom alot more than she was when I was there (a week and a half ago). I was thinking that my next trip to see her wouldn't be for a few years, but I may have to re-think that. So if anyone has interest in going to South Africa with me start saving your bananas now!!!!

1 comment:

Adventures With Sweet Pea said...

Hey you! We would love to have you back in SA! Come visit anytime...the sooner the better. Love you loads! xoxo