Thursday, September 23, 2010

All you need is Blog

So lets go back in time a bit. Towards the end of August we had a conference in Blagoevgrad, which is a city in the South Western part of the country very near to Macedonia. It was a great conference but by far the best part was getting together with my other friends and getting to meet and finally get to know some of the other volunteers. I didn't take a lot of pictures but what I did are posted here.
You be saying to yourself, why the heck haven't you blogged in so long, well to that my answer would be that better nothing than the emotional wreckage I have been trudging though. Some people put it all out there and others clam up, I would be in the latter group. I love this country, and I love the people here. I know that I read through a lot of blogs before I joined the Peace Corps. I read them to get a wide range of feelings and experiences of the people actually living the "dream". If there is anyone out there who would like to know more in detail what I have gone through or certain feelings and emotions that you may (or may not) feel your first few months I would be more than happy to share those with you. I do not feel prepared at this time to put everything in my blog though. Wow that sounds dramatic doesn't it! Seriously though, I am in a very good spot and can feel some great momentum now but it was not easy getting to this point.

Hope you enjoy the pictures!!





This was our first night together hanging out in almost a month! I had missed my girls very much. There was a very nice stairway from our hotel to a really pretty park that had some restaurants in it. It was a great location.


No comments: