Sunday, June 13, 2010

So much, So little

Camera? Check. USB cord? Check. Pictures? You know it!

Have I mentioned how pretty it is here?


This is the petting zoo that walks down my street daily.

This is a Ready Mix plant I stumble upon while hiking with my family. Not going to lie, it almost made me cry!



So much is going on, and yet so little to report. I don't know if I have talked about the turkish toilets yet. They are the equivalent to a portable toilet in smell and yet they are far superior because you cant see into the depths of the toilet, and you don't have to sit on anything. However it is likely that you will pee on your shoe at least a little before you figure out control and placement of your feet. Trust the footing. If you have never used one, roll up your pants and trust the footing.

Thursday is when we find out our permanent site placement followed by a counterpart conference where we meet out counterparts. Sunday we travel with our counterparts somewhere in Bulgaria that we will live for the next two years. On Wednesday we will travel back to where we are training alone! It is very exciting and we are all very anxiously awaiting. I think everyone I have been emailing with is pretty annoyed I keep talking about this. I know I would be if they kept talking about this big thing that is going to happen someday...But it is almost here and then you won't have to hear about it again until we get close to our Swearing in Ceremony.





2 comments:

Team Swinehart said...

Its gorgeous there. I love the petting zoo! Miss you.

morganrenee said...

I'm s excited for you! I got butterflies when you talked about how excited you are about Thursday. :)

I'da cried when I saw the goats, so don't feel crazy for almost crying about the plant...