Thursday, March 18, 2010

Please Hold

I got a phone call Tuesday from the Peace Corps. I had a nice chat with my placement officer and we went over a bunch things in order for him to place me where I am most needed and useful. At the end of the conversation he asked me about my timeline and if I would be available earlier than my early June nomination. I told him I could do that, so he told me I would be leaving May 10, 2010! In other words 7.5 weeks! I think I was able to sputter out a few words of thanks and appreciation before hanging up, but I am not totally positive about that. The country will remain somewhat of a mystery until I actually receive the invitation that he said would be here by Friday. Of course as any good Peace Corps applicant knows you can figure out the country pretty easily with a little research. I am keeping my lips sealed until I know for sure!

I can't believe in a matter of hours I went from practically giving up all hope that I was going to make my June departure to leaving an entire month earlier than expected! I think this is going to be really great for me, and with any luck I will make it the entire 27 months! I say luck because sometimes leaving isn't your choice, life still happens. I hope to be able to post very soon where I will be off to, so keep checking back for updates!

Dovizhdane!

No comments: