Saturday, February 5, 2011

Auld Lang Blog

So Christmas and New Years came and went, here are the pictures to prove it. Hope you had a wonderful holiday season!

These guys go around town and sing, like morning carolers. Then the women of the house give them the rolls of bread that you see stacked on their staff and also a piece of candy. There seems to be some debate on when they come, in my village they came the morning before Christmas. However when my language trainer asked she balked at the idea of them coming then. Apparently it is normal for them to do it, Christmas morning or the morning after. I just thought it was cool to see a really old tradition being preserved.

 Christmas morning in our pajamas! Jen and Brit were staying together so I hiked over to their place on Christmas morning which considering how much was drunk the night before was really a Christmas miracle in itself. It was well worth it to spend Christmas morning with the ladies!
 It was actually pretty warm and no white Christmas. Now of course these mountains are covered in snow.


We did stockings. Actually we did a stocking chain. I got Brit a stocking, Brit got Jen a stocking, and Jen got me a stocking!

My Bulgarian family on Christmas Eve. It was a wonderful Christmas! One of the best in fact.

No comments: