Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Toys..

I know right now isn't the best time to be buying the newest hottest electronic gadget but I just couldn't help myself. Between Christmas coming up (I heard Christmas carols already in the stores) and the latest economic woes I wasn't sure if I should splurge or not, but that Oprah is just such a good saleswoman how could I not?

The newest, latest and greatest electronic that she couldn't even wait to show her audience until the "greatest things" show was the Amazon Kindle. I was so impressed with this device that I bought one for myself only a few days later (I used the Oprah coupon so I didn't have to pay full price.) So far I am very happy with it. I am fighting the urge to buy books left and right! I am trying to be disciplined and only buy books I am going to read at that moment, and not buy books that I want to read. Especially with it all right at my fingertips it could get costly if I just start buying books!! I am sure that I will write more as I learn more and more about the product. So far it is nice smooth easy reading, and so convenient.

So here is a quick overview on what the Amazon Kindle is in case you don't want to click on the link. It is essentially an e-book. You have over 190,000 book titles literally at your finger tips that you can buy and have downloaded to your Kindle in less than 1 minute! You don't ever have to sync it to your computer, or to anything for that matter it comes to you registered and ready to go. There are no monthly costs associated with it, no fees lurking to bilk you of all your money. You buy the device, you buy the books, DONE! The books are also a lot cheaper, not to mention you don't have to drive to the store, or the book doesn't have to be shipped to you, also no trees were hurt in the process for your Kindle book! This is truely the wave of the future for reading. Also another cool feature, if you don't know what a word is (yes I run into this often, and just move past it, and try and deduct a meaning) well have no fear, you can look it up on wikipedia through your Kindle and know what the word means right then and there! Pretty nice huh? Ok, I can feel the Oprah excitement coming on.... Before I run away with my excitement let me just wrap it up and say it is pretty cool!

No comments: