Friday, July 18, 2008

The Dark Knight

Oh man, I just had to jump on the blogger this morning and tell everyone how awesome my night was last night. I had my kickball game last night, we lost, but I made one and a half awesome catches!!! We stuck around for the second game to watch and support our teammates who were umping the second game. So we do our usual thing after the game, drinks, food, and fun. But last night was different because everyone was talking about going and seeing The Dark Knight at the 12:15 showing and the smaller local theater. My Brother and I being ever the skeptical optimists decided to go at 11:30 not really believing that there would be a theater in the world that didn't have a line around it and sold out for this movie on opening night. We were pleasantly surprised and very wrong!!! Not only did we get in to an almost empty theater when we arrived at 11:30 but I got in for, shall we say, less than market value!!! So I rolled in to bed this morning at 4:00am and was actually on time to work at 8:30, not to shabby!!!

So about the movie, amazing. The movie totally lives up to the hype, and all I can say about Heath Ledgers performance of the Joker is that you will NOT be disappointed, it was great, a bit long when you are in an old theater with no A/C but it was GREAT and well worth the complete exhaustion and emotion roller coaster I am destined to be on from lack of sleep!!! Thank you to all those guys that talked me into staying in Portland and checking out the movie, it will go down as one of those nights that reminds me to go with the flow and live it up!!!!

No comments: